Don't faint!!! I'm actually blogging for the first time!! (Marissa)
I enjoyed reading the four reasons God wants to use music for us to worship him at the bottom of pg98, esp under pt one, that music excites our affections--I've found this to be true in my own life. When I am dry spiritually, if I begin singing to the Lord, He helps soften my heart and draw me closer in feeling and in truth--because often I am singing pure scripture...
I appreciated the contrast the author gave between emotionalism and emotions on the top of pg 99. A little further in the next paragraph, I love this quote, "Vibrant singing enables us to combine truth about God seamlessly with passion for God".
I love the Zeph. verse about how God sings over us. That's so cool to know.
I'm glad on p 99 that the author pointed out how Moses taught thru music/song. I've often wished the church did more of this--cuz it's sooo true that songs/music is a great memory tool!
Enjoyed the pt on p 100 about setting aside our preferences/style as a way of fulfilling Philippians 2:4 and that the goal is the gospel!!
That's all the time I have to make comments! Have a great week!!
"An effective corporate worship leader, aided and led by the Holy Spirit, skillfully combines God's Wordwith musicto magnify the worth of God and the redemptive work of Jesus Christ, thereby motivating the gathered church to join him in proclaiming and cherishing the truth about God and seeking to live all of life for the glory of God." - Bob Kauflin
1 comment:
Don't faint!!! I'm actually blogging for the first time!! (Marissa)
I enjoyed reading the four reasons God wants to use music for us to worship him at the bottom of pg98, esp under pt one, that music excites our affections--I've found this to be true in my own life. When I am dry spiritually, if I begin singing to the Lord, He helps soften my heart and draw me closer in feeling and in truth--because often I am singing pure scripture...
I appreciated the contrast the author gave between emotionalism and emotions on the top of pg 99. A little further in the next paragraph, I love this quote, "Vibrant singing enables us to combine truth about God seamlessly with passion for God".
I love the Zeph. verse about how God sings over us. That's so cool to know.
I'm glad on p 99 that the author pointed out how Moses taught thru music/song. I've often wished the church did more of this--cuz it's sooo true that songs/music is a great memory tool!
Enjoyed the pt on p 100 about setting aside our preferences/style as a way of fulfilling Philippians 2:4 and that the goal is the gospel!!
That's all the time I have to make comments! Have a great week!!
Post a Comment